Saturday, February 27, 2010

Busy, Busy Week

Last week was so crazy, I think I barely came up for air. I worked 12 hour shifts Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday then had to work my normal day on Thursday. I was able to be off on Friday thank goodness.

Nathan was scheduled to be home Friday night, but of course the NE snow storm wreaked havoc on the airlines, so he's not making it home until nearly 24 hours later. That was particularly frustrating because we were suppose to leave at 6 this morning to go for my half marathon in New Orleans. Well, NOLA is off. I was so upset, but ultimately there isn't anything I can do about that. I decided to cut my losses and gear up for the half marathon in Dallas in two weeks. Now if I can only get Brandi to do two half marathons in 2 weeks. Do you think she's up for it? I hope so! :o)

OK, so on to school stuff since this is a blog about school. Remember my meltdowns about statistics?? Well, I am happy to say that my professor said that my assignment for last week was "best in class" and at a "doctorate level"! WOW, really? That definitely makes me feel pretty good! In my other class, I have been working on a literature search for a paper that I am writing on Texas SB 476 which eliminates mandatory overtime for nurses (among other things). I am finishing up the paper today so that my group can submit it to our instructor for a critique before it is officially due.

Anyway, here's to hoping that Nathan makes it home today in time for us to go out for dinner and just enjoy each other. I sure do miss him...

No comments:

Post a Comment